Nutrien Western Event Centre
The Nutrien Western Event Centre is the new heart and home of year-round western events and agricultural education on Stampede Park.
One of the largest projects in our 102-year history, the Nutrien Western Event Centre is a state-of-the-art facility for western events and agriculture education, exhibition and industry in southern Alberta. Officially opened on June of 2014, the Nutrien Centre is an important milestone in the Calgary Stampede's vision of becoming a world-class, year-round gathering place, custom-designed for its role connecting urban and rural audiences:
- Designed for national and international western competitions, rodeos, agricultural exhibitions and trade shows.
- Back-of-house and staging areas are tailored to the needs and safety of animals.
- 250'x125' ft. show floor with arena seating for 2,500 guests plus VIP suites.
- A 20,000 sq. ft. adjacent exhibition hall operates as a show-ring or warm-up arena, trade shows or for concurrent events.
- The magnificent rotunda entrance doubles as a weekday classroom for Nutrien’s Journey 2050 - an interactive education program on agricultural sustainability.
The building and related infrastructure cost $61.2 million, made possible by $25 million contributions each from the Government of Canada and Government of Alberta, and contributions from our key sponsor, Nutrien. Their collective support helps the Stampede elevate its agriculture, western and outreach programs by creating this world-class facility.